Acadian forest walk.
The area of Sandy Lake/Jack Lake/Marsh Lake in Bedford supports some magnificent sweeps of mixed, multi-aged Acadian forest. David Patriquin will lead a walk to view several Old Growth stands. The basic walk will take about 2.5 hours, not difficult but slow-going in a few spots. There is a limit of 30 participants. To register, send an e-mail to email@example.com; please put SANDY LAKE FOREST WALK in the subject line. NSWFS members will be given priority until Friday October 6th, then non-members will be accepted as space allows, but non-members can send in a request to participate earlier. Information on where to meet will be forwarded once registration is confirmed.
- Nova Scotia Native Flora in Art at Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens May 18 – June 1, 2018
- Nature NS weekend coming up, register today!
- April 12, 2018: Blue Mountain Birch Cove Lakes Regional Park Citizen’s Meeting
- Monday April 23, 2018: AGM and Sean Blaney on an Arctic Flora Paradise in the Cape Breton Highlands
- Saturday, March 24, 2018: “Come celebrate the Municipality of Chester’s newest green space at Castle Rock”