Acadian forest walk.
The area of Sandy Lake/Jack Lake/Marsh Lake in Bedford supports some magnificent sweeps of mixed, multi-aged Acadian forest. David Patriquin will lead a walk to view several Old Growth stands. The basic walk will take about 2.5 hours, not difficult but slow-going in a few spots. There is a limit of 30 participants. To register, send an e-mail to email@example.com; please put SANDY LAKE FOREST WALK in the subject line. NSWFS members will be given priority until Friday October 6th, then non-members will be accepted as space allows, but non-members can send in a request to participate earlier. Information on where to meet will be forwarded once registration is confirmed.
- ST. MARGARET’S BAY BOTANY SATURDAY , June 8th
- Monday May 27 2019: Regular meeting night Outdoors: Hobblebush in Dingle Park (aka Fleming Park)
- Announcing Eagle Hill Institute’s seminars on vascular plants
- Native Plant Sale – Acadia U. Wolfville, May 4, 2019 (9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- NS WIld Flora Society Meeting Monday, Apr. 22, 2019 7:30PM