Nova Scotia Wild Flora Society
Annual General Meeting 2019-2020 & 2020-2021Years (combined due to COVID 19)
Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 7:30 pm
Via Zoom due to COVID 19
RSVP by Dec. 30 to Anne Mills ocotillo8ATgmail.com
If you can join us on Zoom!
1. Call to Order (Charlie Cron)
2. Approval of 2019/2020 Years’ AGM Agenda
3. Approval of Minutes of 2018 Year AGM held April 22, 2019
4. Approval of 2019/2020 Years’ Membership Report
5. Approval of 2019/2020 Years’ Financial Report
6. Approval of 2019/2020 Years’ President’s Report
7. Approval of Nomination of 2021 Slate of Board Members and call for further nominations from the floor. Slate:
8. New Business
I have already forgotten much of the 2018-2019 year as this was our last regular full season. The 2019-2020 season was cut short by the pandemic Covid- 19.We had regular meetings from Sept. 2019 to Feb.24/20. In early March the pandemic shut down all activity at the Museum which has remained closed to all of us users to the present.
Since then we have managed only one field Trip,( to Troop’s Island in June). We were able to arrange a test Zoom meeting of the current Board on Nov 18/20 and planned to hold our postponed 2020 AGM on Jan 6/21 as a Zoom meeting following the successful test meeting of Nov 18/20. The current Board has continued in a caretaker role to the present and a new board will be proposed at the AGM. Some details will still need to be worked out.
I wish to thank especially, David and Bob for setting up the Zoom meetings and all other Board members for coordinating and continuing our communications. Paris has been a great help in maintaining our membership lists and keeping us in touch with each other. The basic structure of our group has been preserved and we hope we will soon be able to have some regular meetings ( even if they are Zoom meetings ) and possibly some field trips. Pandemic restrictions still limit all group activities both indoors and outside. Small group field trips may be possible this spring but indoor meeting restrictions my last longer.
– Financial Statement for 2018 and 2019
– NSWFS 2020 Membership Report