Bryophytes & Lichens Links
- Sphagnum ID Eastern Canada An illustrated guide for the macroscopic identification of 36 Sphagnum species found in eastern Canada was produced as part of the Geological Survey of Canada project “Surficial Geology and Environmental Processes in Peatlands”
- Identifying Nova Scotia Lichens The suite of lichens in this manual was selected for the purposes of the provincial study on monitoring air pollution based on their tolerance of air pollution, from intolerant to moderate to tolerant. The study focused on lichens found on the native maple species of Nova Scotia.
- Syllogeus 62 – Illustrated Guide to Some Hornworts, Liverworts and Mosses of Eastern Canada
A 1987 publication by National Museum of Natural Sciences with many detailed illustrations of Bryophytes
- Consortium of North American Bryophyte Herbaria
The Consortium of North American Bryophyte Herbaria (CNABH) was created to serve as a gateway to distributed data resources of interest to the taxonomic and environmental research community in North America. Through a common web interface, they offer tools to locate, access and work with a variety of data, starting with searching databased herbarium records.
- Frullania.org – a Collaborative Research Network
This portal has been created to facilitate the sharing of data, synthesizing existing web resources and databases into a single streamlined resource for experts working on the liverwort genus Frullania.
- Internet Resources for Bryologists and Lichenologists
A page on the web site of the American Bryological and Lichenological Society with links given under these categories: Checklists and Floras, Herbaria and Collections, Images and Information, Taxonomic Resources, Publications, Organizations and Directories.
- British Bryological Society
The Learning More pages introduce bryophytes for the novice; many resources including an image gallery and checklists of European species.
- Bryological Glossary
Look up unfamiliar terms in this glossary maintained by the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
- UBC Biology 321 – Bryology
Images and text about bryophytes.