The Blomidon Naturalists Society will hold its regular October meeting on Monday, October 16 at 7:30 PM in Room BAC241 of the Beveridge Arts Centre, Acadia University, Wolfville.
The Blomidon Naturalists Society will be joining the Valley Gardeners Club for their annual joint meeting. The topic this month will be the Canada Rock Rose/Canada frostweed (Crocanthemum canadense), a species at risk in Nova Scotia. New work from researchers at Acadia, have uncovered the fascinating relationship between the rockrose and an insect larvae that results in pollination. This past summer, the research team at Acadia completed field work in the northeastern United States to determine whether this phenomena extends throughout the population. Join us to learn more about this fascinating plant and the results from the 2017 field season.
The meeting is open to the public.
- Nova Scotia Native Flora in Art at Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens May 18 – June 1, 2018
- Nature NS weekend coming up, register today!
- April 12, 2018: Blue Mountain Birch Cove Lakes Regional Park Citizen’s Meeting
- Monday April 23, 2018: AGM and Sean Blaney on an Arctic Flora Paradise in the Cape Breton Highlands
- Saturday, March 24, 2018: “Come celebrate the Municipality of Chester’s newest green space at Castle Rock”