- Nova Scotia Native Flora in Art at Harriet Irving Botanical Gardens May 18 – June 1, 2018
- Nature NS weekend coming up, register today!
- April 12, 2018: Blue Mountain Birch Cove Lakes Regional Park Citizen’s Meeting
- Monday April 23, 2018: AGM and Sean Blaney on an Arctic Flora Paradise in the Cape Breton Highlands
- Saturday, March 24, 2018: “Come celebrate the Municipality of Chester’s newest green space at Castle Rock”
Monthly Archives: February 2018
The fascinating and beautiful microcosm of lichens can be explored all year round. Lichens are not plants, not fungus, not moss, and not parasites. Lichens are a complex life form that is a symbiotic partnership of two separate organisms, a … Continue reading
Nova Scotia is particularly blessed with many small and unique communities of plants. Most of them are relics of different times in our natural history since glaciation. Many are unknown anywhere else in Canada. These small and isolated populations sometimes … Continue reading