- Resources for Identifying the Plants of Nova Scotia
Notes prepared by a NS Wild Flora member for the Native Plant Talk Series (2012). Lists popular field guides available at bookstores & other resources.
- Nova Scotia Plants (PDF)
By Marian C. Munro, Ruth E. Newell & Nicholas M. Hill (2014), this is a fully revised flora available online in PDF format. A review of the e-book prepared by David P for Rural Delivery (July-August 2015) discusses its use by non-professionals.
Part of the giant iNaturalist.org photo database documenting observations by amateurs and professionals around the world. Nova Scotia is well covered by a number of our best naturalists including Sean Blaney’s photos collected over 7 years as Executive Director and Senior Scientist at the Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre.
- Vascular Plants p1
- Vascular Plants p2
- Bryophytes & Lichens
- Glossaries & Related Learning Materials
- Monthly Wild Flora Meeting Monday Sep 23
- Sand Barrens Bioblitz on Sat June 8, NSNT evening Tues June 18, 2019
- NWWFS Monthly meeting and Field Trip: Today (Mon May 27, 2019) meet at Fleming Park
- ST. MARGARET’S BAY BOTANY SATURDAY , June 8th
- Monday May 27 2019: Regular meeting night Outdoors: Hobblebush in Dingle Park (aka Fleming Park)