- Resources for Identifying the Plants of Nova Scotia
Notes prepared by a NS Wild Flora member for the Native Plant Talk Series (2012). Lists popular field guides available at bookstores & other resources.
- Nova Scotia Plants (PDF)
By Marian C. Munro, Ruth E. Newell & Nicholas M. Hill (2014), this is a fully revised flora available online in PDF format. A review of the e-book prepared by David P for Rural Delivery (July-August 2015) discusses its use by non-professionals.
Part of the giant iNaturalist.org photo database documenting observations by amateurs and professionals around the world. Nova Scotia is well covered by a number of our best naturalists including Sean Blaney’s photos collected over 7 years as Executive Director and Senior Scientist at the Atlantic Canada Conservation Data Centre.
- Vascular Plants p1
- Vascular Plants p2
- Bryophytes & Lichens
- Glossaries & Related Learning Materials
- Visit to Blue Curls site
- Sunday Sept 9th, 1 pm to 4 pm, 2018: Volunteer andPlant ID at Dalhousie University campus/Bill Freedman native plant collection
- Aug 26, 2018: Lichens at Sugar Moon Farm
- Dalhousie Biology Dept herbarium beng digitized
- Tues Aug 14, 2018: Rally to support the Green Network Plan